- Minimal statistics of the regime’s crimes from June 2022 until now.
- Killed on the way to freedom.
- Protesters who sentenced to death.
- Protesters who are in danger of being sentenced to death.
- Executions and other crimes of the regime.
- Crimes and other actions of the regime to suppress people.
- Corruption and institutional looting of the regime.
- Other gross violations of human rights.
- Strikes and protest gatherings.
- Resistance and struggle.
- Support for people’s struggle.
Report: “Child abuse” in an orphanage in Tehran; “Burning with an iron due to nocturia”.
This issue: 17 June to 25 June 2023
Minimal statistics of the regime’s crimes from August 2022 until now:
- The number of dead: At least 678 people; including several people who were in the fire in Evin prison; Several people were in Lakan (Rasht prison) and 21 “suspicious deaths”.
- Children killed in protests: At least 90 children (under the age of 18 years old) (The age of several dead has been announced as 18 years).
- Killed women: At least 90.
- Deaths due to torture (in detention/after release/body found) so far: At least 44 people.
- Currently, the number of protesters who are accused of “crimes” that are punishable by death is at least 177.
- The number of protestors who are sentenced to death: at least 26.
- The number of executions since the beginning of 2023: at least 355 people.
- The number of people who lost one or two eyes because of deliberate shooting by agents: at least 580.
- Poison gas poisoning: possibly 6 children.
- Other incidents: 3 children – 2 of them were because of officers shooting; 1 child who also was ran over by the police.
Killed on the way to freedom Last week:
- Izeh: Puya Moulai Rad (20 years old, shot).
- Dabiran Fars: Hossein Norouzi (20 years old, under torture).
- Shooshtar: Morteza Dolfzargani (9 years old, shot by police officers).
- Kermanshah: Sepehr Hematkhani (23 years old, a few days after his disappearance, the family was given the address of his where to be buried by the security forces (he had been arrested twice before)
Protesters who were sentenced to death:
At least 26 people: According to some reports, Mohammad Qabadlo (confirmation of the verdict in the Supreme Court of the country); Kambeez Khrout; Shoaib Mirbaloch zahi Rigi; Mansour Dehmordeh; Ibrahim Naarooi; Abbas Koorkuri (known as Mujahid Koorkour); and Manouchehr Mehman Navazare are in great dangers.
- Mansour Hut (Hoot); Nezam Hut (Hoot); Towheed (Loqhman) Darvishi; Mohsen Rezazadeh Qaraqlou; Shahram Maroof Mola (Bengini); Reza Islamdoost; Karvan Shahi parvaneh; Farzad Tahzadeh; Farhad Tahzadeh; Reza Rasaii; Sajjad Imannejad; Pouria Javaheri; Saeed Shirazi; Massoud Biranvand; Mehdi Keshvari; Hayman Mustafaei; Hassan Firouzi; Khalid Mahmoudi Aref Khoshkar (accused of killing an agent in Fallah neighborhood of Tehran).
Some other cases of those who were sentenced to death on political charges:
- Confirmation of the death sentence of Habib Drees, one of those arrested in November 2018 and a witness to the massacre of Nizar Mahshahr; Seyyed Salem Mousavi; Seyed Adnan Mousavi; Ali Majdam, Mohammad Reza Moghadam, Moin Khanfari on charges of being a member of the “Al Nidal Movement” group and attacking Basij and IRGC military headquarters, killing two law enforcement officers, one Basij and one soldier in Bandar Khomeini.
- Confirming the verdict of Mohammad Ramzarshidi (Shiraz); Naeem Hashem Qatali (Shiraz), both from Afghanistan, on charges of terrorism in the case of Shah Chirag Shiraz in the Supreme Court of the country.
- Confirmation of the sentence of Jamshid Sharmahed, a prisoner of dual Iranian-German nationality, in Urmia prison, on the charge of corruption in the land, in the Supreme Court of the country.
- Nayeb Asgari is a Kurdish political prisoner for the second time on charges of apostacy and membership in Hayat Kurdistan Party (Pajhwok) in Urmia court.
- Sentenced to death for another reason: Mohammad Reza Habibian, the guard of Babolsar Bank, who was sentenced to self-retribution for the murder of Akhund Soleimani.
The defendants who are in danger of being sentenced to death:
- The number of protesters who were accused of “crimes” that may lead to execution is currently at least 177.
- The following prisoners have recently been accused of war and corruption in the earth: Ashkan Soleimani in city of Rasht (currently free on bail); in Isfahan, Mahmoud Mehrabi, Parvin Mirasan; Nasrullah Fallahi, Ardavan Fallahi (removal of the charge of war crimes from the case, but the charge of corruption on the ground still remains), and Arghawan Fallahi; In city of Samirom, Fazil Bahramian; Mehran Bahramian; Yunes Bahramian; Dariush Saedi; In city of Mashhad, Mohammad Hassan Sadeghian (probably corruption on earth)
- Amir Mohammad Khosh Iqbal, Mehdi Imani, Hossein Nemati, Mehdi Hosseini, Milad Armon, and Alireza Kafaei are accused in the death case of Basij agent Arman Alivardi in neighborhood of Ekbatan and are in danger of being sentenced to death. Imani, who was accused of warring, was arrested once in November in connection with the same case and then was released on bail. But following the continuation of the investigation in this case and the re-transfer of the accused to the Intelligence Department for further interrogations, he was arrested again. Four others have been accused of participating in intentional murder and propaganda against the regime.
Shiban, city of Ahvaz, prison: Bahman Bahmani, Mohsen Ahmadpour, Behrouz Selahshur, Rasul Badaghi, Vahid Abbasi, Reza Arabpour, Sadiq Ghasemi, Ismail Mousavi Nazari (all from the city of Izeh).
Tehran: Armin Noormohammadi (24 years old) is accused of corruption in the land (section 209 of Evin prison).
Executions and other crimes of the regime:
- From April 29, 2023, to May 22nd, 2023, at least 47 Baloch prisoners, including two women, were executed in 13 prisons of the country.
- Executions in the last weeks: 20 people; 13 of them were accused of dealing drugs (one convict committed suicide) and 7 of them being accused of murder.
- Urmia: Jafar Mohammadpour and Qabad Farhadi (narcotics).
- Ahvaz: Hadi Al-Nasser (34 years old, murder).
- Torbetjam: Haider Chishti (35 years old) and an unknown person (narcotics).
- Zahedan: Hafez Alidoost Samalani (Brahui) (45 years old, murder).
- Shiraz: Taher Nouri and Alireza Shahcheraghi (drugs).
- Qazvin: Hoshang Amirzadeh (narcotics).
- Kamiyaran: Salah Hejrani (suicide, accused of drugs).
- Karaj: Saeed Nasiri and Masoud Sasani (narcotics), an unknown person (murder).
- Kerman: Ebrahim Gumshadzehi (48 years old, narcotics).
- Gachsaran: Hasan Ali Hasanpour (murder).
- Gorgan: Hassan Brahui (narcotics).
- Mashhad: Dariush Rahimi (33 years old, accused of killing a special unit agent).
- Hamedan: Hamed Yavari (murder) and Hossein Amaninejad (narcotics).
- Yasuj: Milad Ghobadi (murder).
A number of those arrested:
Some of those arrested in the last week (this list certainly does not include all arrestees):
The security forces of the Islamic Republic arrested more than 40 mothers and relatives of the victims of the Jinnah uprising and other political activists who were killed in several cities in Kurdistan province.
The arrest of at least 82 people in different cities of Iran in the first two weeks of the month; including 54 Kurds and 20 Balochees; 7 children and 15 women. / Hannegao
Civil activists: Yashar Tabrizi (Akbar Gholizadeh) (he was released on 5 Bahman 1401 after the end of his sentence), Asghar Amirzadegan (Firouzabad), Abulfazl Karmi Yadkuri Kashkoli (Shiraz), Ayub Javanpour (Saqez).
Children’s rights activists: Athena Farghdani (Tehran, cartoonist and children’s rights activist).
Women’s rights activists:
- Maryam Taghizadeh (arrested again).
- Kurdistan Province: One person due to activities contrary to “Islamic values” in cyberspace.
- Abdanan: Reza Koshkinejad, an expelled member of the Air Defense Force, was arrested for the third time while participating in the funeral ceremony of Mansoura Sagund.
- Izeh: Several family members of the child killed in the Kian Pirflek protests.
- Baneh: Pedram Moeini without presenting a judicial order and by plainclothes forces.
- Piranshahr: At least 11 people, Jamal Rasoolzadeh and Mohammad Mahmoud Fegh.
- Tabriz: Mahbouba Esmaili, who was previously imprisoned in Urmia for five years.
- Rasht: Novian Naemi, coach of physical fitness and athletics.
- Zahedan: At least 17 Baloch: including Yaser Totazahi, Ali Zardkouhi, Yaser, Hamed Rigi, Abdullah Khorut, Ibrahim Gergij, Ali Rigi, Ruhollah Shahbakhsh, Hamed Kharkouhi and Saeed Gergij, Basit Kashani, Mohammad Sadiq Brahui (17 years old), Abdul Salam Rigi, Jamshid Barakzehi
- Sanandaj: Kaveh Bahmani
- Sarablah: at least 6 people: Mehrdad Qaisarbeigi, Ayub Gravand, Younes Gravand, Navid Mohammadnejad, Mohammad Tahmasabi and Hamed Rahmani.
- Sarvabad: Aref Edvai
- Saqqez: Hassan Amini, the brother of the murdered Mohammad Amini, Sediq Bahmani, the father of the murdered Shahu Bahmani, Hashem Saedi, the father of Sarina Saedi, a 15-year-old teenager who was killed in the protests; Ahmed Rahimi, the father of Yahya Rahimi, Arman Habibi, the brother of Aram Habibi, Abdulrahman Nasri, the father of Matin Nasri, and two minibus drivers (Jamal and Jamil).
- Sahne: At least 2 people.
- Qazvin: One person in a conflict with Amer Ba Maruf (A government organization making sure everyone follows Islamic rules such as wearing Hijab).
- Kamiyaran: Dana Ghorbani.
- Masjid Suleiman: Two tattoo artists because of inserting satanism symbols on the body of their clients and promoting it in real and virtual space.
- Marivan: Arash Sharifi.
- Mehrestan: Three Baloch brothers: Bakhtiar Mahmoudzahi, Saeed Mahmoudzahi and Vahid Mahmoudzahi.
Some of the new crimes and other actions of the regime to suppress people:
- Last year, 168 fuel tankers were killed due to car explosions on the roads around Iranshahr and Sarbaz, of which 147 were having spouse and children. This year, an average of 4 gasoline bombs exploded every week on the exit roads of Iranshahr.
- The killing of a 9-year-old child named “Morteza Dolf-Zargani” in Shushtar due to the shooting of armed agents in a car chase operation and the arrest of 4 other children aged 4, 6, 12 and 16.
- The killing of a Baloch youth in the hospital, named “Nawab Nohani” after being shot by Mortan border guards.
- The killing of a 25-year-old Baloch youth named “Liaqat Dahani” by unknown gunmen in Jekigur.
- The killing of a Baloch tanker named “Elahi Bakhsh Kalmati”, son of Haji Rahim, by the shooting of border guards of the Mortan regiment.
- 4 Baloch “Sookht Baran” (the people carrying oil border crossing) were killed, including a 15-year-old child named Idris Gomshadzehi, and two “sookht bar” were wounded after military forces fired at three of their vehicles in the Khor-Jandagh axis in Isfahan province.
- Injuring of 4 Kolbers (smugglers of household items from Iraq to Iran) by direct firing of government forces on the border of Nosood and Baneh.
- The assault of a 70-year-old disabled Kolber by the military forces.
- The wounding of a Baloch youth named “Zabihullah Dehmardeh” son of Aminullah and his car catching fire due to police officers shooting on the way from Chabahar to Nikshahr.
- The continuation of the military campaign and the transfer of war weapons to the border areas in Kurdistan.
- Shelling and suicide drone attacks of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps in the heights of Kosalan mountain near the city of Sarvabad in the province and the sending of a convoy of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps forces to this area and a severe military conflict between the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps forces and one of the Kurdistan parties (Pajak).
- 11 reformists, online and media activists, were shot by an unknown person or persons in the city of Gachsaran. This caused injuries to four of them named Milad Mohammadi, Zaim Mousavi, Abbas Elahi and Maisam Sina. Abbas Abdi, Mehrdad Alipour, Iman Ghasemi, Mehdi Ramezani and Farbad Yousefi were among the other virtual and media activists who were injured in this incident and in their friendly meeting.
- The beating of the students who were besieged in the University of Arts by the order of Hamza Barzoui Kotnai, the head of the security of the university. Several students have been reported to be in serious condition. Despite the constant pressure and threats of security, the students are still in the university, and they are not allowed to leave. Earlier, the security of the university prevented the delivery of food and water to students and the use of toilets. Harast (the security forces in university) has also threatened to allow plainclothes officers to enter the university.
- Mahmonir Moulairad, the mother of Kian Pirfalak, has been under house arrest since Sunday, June 21. The home of Kian Pirfalak’s parents has been surrounded since Sunday by the security forces of the Iranian government and all their household items have been taken from them. There is no information about the fate and whereabouts of Maysam Pirfalak, Kian’s father, and their little son.
- “suicide” of Sepideh Farhan, a civil activist, who was imprisoned for two years in Evin and Qarchak prisons for participating in the nationwide protests of December 2017.
Institutional corruption and looting of the regime:
- More than 300 government administrators and public institutions were prosecuted or tried for economic corruption in 2022.
- Mohammed Hossein Taheri Akerdi, the new secretary of the Headquarters for Good and Prohibition: “If we can define the organizational position of the headquarters, we will no longer have a problem in providing funds to carry out the tasks of the headquarters. “
- A young garbage collector in Tehran: We earn at least 20 million tomans per month and each of us pays 10 million tomans per month to the contractor of Tehran municipality so that we can collect garbage. The contractor has a monthly income of several billion tomans.
- Movement of convoy of fuel smuggling tankers with the support of IRGC towards Pakistan at Rimdan border.
- 18 people were injured due to the fall of the escalator at Shahid Beheshti metro station, and 9 people were taken to medical centers. Managing Director of Metro Operation Company: Metro escalators have not been lubricated for the last three years.
Other cases of gross violation of human rights (Rights of women and children):
- Referral of the case of Ehsan Mohammadi, a 16-year-old boy from Ashnoye, who was previously accused of “warfare” by the third branch of the Revolutionary Court of Urmia, to a special criminal court for juvenile crimes in Urmia.
- Let alone there are 70 thousand working children in Tehran. This statistic is increasing day by day, and despite this, there is no specific and official institution in the field of child labor organization.
- 746 child laborers left out of school were identified in this city.
- 768,000 students left out of education have been identified in the country.
- The murder of a teenage boy in Karaj with the motive of honor killing.
- Since the beginning of this year, 10 women and girls, some of whom were victims of child marriage, have been killed due to family issues, and most of them lived in the villages of Kurdistan and West Azerbaijan.
- The murder of a twenty-four-year-old woman named Shirvan. E” from the village of Safaiye Khoi with “honorable” motive. During this incident, Shirvan’s cousin was also killed because of his relationship with Shirvan.
- The murder of a woman named “Ghazal. M” from the village of Rajan, Urmia, by his ex-husband with a bullet.
- 400 homeless women were displaced following the closure of 2 support centers for homeless women located in District 12 of Tehran Municipality, which took place after the appointment of Alireza Zakani as the mayor of Tehran.
- The elimination of Azam Bakhti, the only female representative of Iran in the EPEE fencing competitions, while a Chinese visa was issued to her, and participation in these competitions is very important for obtaining an Olympic competition.
- The study hall of the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences of the University of Tehran is segregated by gender, and the library of the World Studies Center of this faculty is exclusively available to male students.
Political and civil rights:
- Mohammed Abolhasani, a civil activist who is serving his sentence without observing the principle of segregation of crimes in Chobinder Qazvin prison, was beaten and injured by the prison authorities, following his protest against the existing inappropriate conditions.
- Narges Mohammadi is on trial again due to “activities inside the prison”.
- Sentence of 18 years in prison for Hayman Ahmadzadeh, who was arrested in Mahabad, on charges of being a member of the Kurdistan Democratic Party of Iran, acting against national security and carrying weapons.
- Ali Ahmed Barichi, Hossein Kashani and Adel Gergij, accused of fighting in Zahedan, each to 10 years in prison.
- Sentence of five years imprisonment and two years ban from activities in cyber space and activities in political groups and parties for Davood Razavi, a member of the board of directors of the workers’ union of Vahad Bus Company, imprisoned in Evin prison, in Tehran Revolutionary Court.
- Sentenced to 10 years imprisonment for Ayub Ghaibipour, 28 years old and a resident of Ahvaz, on charges of insulting the heads of the country, propagandizing against the regime, and communicating with foreign networks.
- Sentence of 12 years of imprisonment, permanent removal of clerical clothes and exile for Mamoosta Ebrahim Karimi Nanleh, imam of the Nanleh mosque in Sanandaj.
- Bapir Barzeh, a former political prisoner, was sentenced to three years in prison at the Mahabad Revolutionary Court.
- Sentenced to six months in prison, eight months of ban on Instagram page and ban on using social media for Sara Motaghi, a poet and political science expert from Rasht, on the charge of “insulting the sacred”.
- Issuance of a summons to prosecute Azadeh Samadi and Leila Blokat, Iranian actors, due to non-observance of mandatory hijab, by the verdict of Farhang and Rasaneh Prosecutor’s Office.
- Reyhane Ansarinejad, a labor activist, to Branch 15 of the Revolutionary Court.
- Zahra Ahoyi, the director, to Tehran’s Ershad judicial complex on the charge of appearing without a hijab in public and discovering the hijab in cyberspace.
- Hossein Abedini, one of the injured eyes in the revolutionary uprising, to the Information Department
- Maisam Dehbanzadeh, a former political prisoner, to the Evin Prosecutor’s Office for another case.
- The mother of the plaintiff Hengameh Choobin (the mother of Artin Rahmani), to the Izeh courthouse
- Hengameh Shahidi, journalist and civil activist, to the Tehran Prosecutor’s Office on charges of publishing computer lies.
Expulsions and exclusions:
- Shahriar Ramzan Shams, a bachelor’s student in management at Azad University, North Tehran branch, was expelled from the university “based on the decision of the disciplinary committee” after being arrested twice and refusing to write a letter of pardon and commitment.
- Dismissal of Nazila Maroofian, a journalist, from the editorial office following her account of the sexual abuse of a special unit force over her voluntary clothing.
- Abolfazl Joghtaei, a 14-year-old teenager who calls himself “the green boy of nature” on Instagram and is active in the field of environment, announced in a video that he will not be allowed to enter the protected areas of the environment.
- Two semesters of temporary ban from studying for Mohammad Javad Tavazoni Zadeh, a student at the University of Arts, in the primary disciplinary council of this university.
- Deprivation of 4 semesters from education including years and academic exile to Semnan for Parham Nekotolaban, medical student at Qom University of Medical Sciences, by the decision of the Central Disciplinary Council of the Ministry of Health.
- Conditional suspension of 40 students who were banned from entering due to inappropriate clothing, in the hands of the University of Arts. If the students attend the university again without proper covering their suspension will be enforced.
- Prohibition of going out for Hajj by Maulvi Abdulhamid Ismail Zahi, Friday imam of Ahl al-Sunnah Zahedan.
- Setting fire to the grave of Majid Kazemi, an executed protester, after his family forbade celebrating the protester’s birthday at his grave site.
- Breaking the glass of the tomb of Abulfazl Adinezadeh, who was killed by a bullet in his stomach and chest.
- Ministry of Information’s request to the prosecutor’s office and other authorities to issue a deportation order, block bank accounts and deprive Hossein Ronaghi of his citizenship rights.
- Saqqez Municipality has announced the decision to collect all the pavilions of Aramestan Alachigh (cemetery) and prevent vehicles from entering by putting up a banner to hide Mahsa Amini’s grave from sight. This is despite the fact that the cemetery lands were donated by benefactors and the municipality does not have the right to make changes in it.
- The Tehran Prosecutor’s Office announced a criminal charge against cinema and television actor Shagaig Dehghan, due to writing content on social networks.
- Spokesman of the country’s police command: Since April 15th, 2023, 133 thousand and 174 cases of “systemic arrest” have been announced and two thousand cases of physical car seizure have been carried out due to “non-veiling”. In the “Nazer 1” project, from April 15th, 2023, until now, about one million Hijab text messages have been sent to automobiles.
· Canceling the accommodation of a group of female students at Tehran University due to their refusal to wear the compulsory hijab by the dormitory complex.
- Arrest of two employees of Etemad newspaper following the publication of a report about the persecution of children in “Mehrmandgar” institute, whose instructors are all students.
Economic and social rights:
- Commander-in-Chief of the Police Forces in a meeting with the representative of the Supreme Leader in Mazandaran Province: “The police forces have prepared a special plan to deal with the deprivation of women’s freedom of clothing in the summer season in the coastal cities of Iran”. The Police Information Center also issued a statement and announced that the police “in an innovative measure”, to prevent “any tension and conflict with fellow citizens in establishing the hijab law” by using tools and smart cameras in public places, for Identification of “norm-breaking people” is taking place.
- In a letter, the vice chancellor of Azad University required the professors at the university to warn the students who wear optional clothing, and if the offending students do not pay attention to that warning, to provide their names to the authorities.
- The father and son of a fuel carrier (sookht bar) were killed after a car accident and the car caught on fire at the Khash-Saravan axis.
- Within 72 hours, 265 cases of “bad hijab” and “walking dogs” were warned in Sari city.
- The police attacked a group of people and their children who were playing “Uncle Zanjerbaf” (a children play in circle) in Tehran’s Laleh Park.
- Mayor of Tehran’s 15th district: Article 16 centers do not keep addicts for more than six months and they return to the neighborhoods. In this district, 18 houses were sealed, and on the night of Eid, a home with 70 addicts was destroyed. /Sharq Paper.
- Director General of Foreign Nationals of Qom Governorate: If Afghan immigrants do not observe hijab, they will be deprived of social services.
Sealing of trade unions due to non-observance of Islamic customs:
- Tehran: A motorcycle rental booth in Haqqani Park, Tehran, because of renting this vehicle to women.
- Qazvin: The international exhibition of Qazvin city, due to the “discovery of hijab” by several visitors and the playing of “vulgar music” in some booths in the motorcycle and spare parts exhibition.
- Ramsar: A restaurant and a coffee shop.
- Zarand: A women’s hair salon.
- Shahrekord: Hefshjan Ecotourism Residence. A court case has also been filed for the management.
- Shiraz: 24th floor of Chamran Hotel
- The death of a 54-year-old worker in an explosion at Eland Chemical Factory in Eshtehard.
- The death of a service worker working in Mashhad Municipality while working on the outskirts of Esteghlal Square due to an accident with a car.
- The death of two workers and the injury of one worker while doing work in the cities of Raver and Mashhad.
- The death of a ten-year-old working child in Diwandara and the injury of three firefighters in Gerash city while working.
- Death of two workers while working in Eshtehard and Mashhad
- The death of a copper mine worker named Suleiman Fadzi in a work accident caused by hard work pressure and lack of safety in Sungun Warezgan.
- Unemployment and uncertainty of Golestan Dome brick factory workers, even though more than two years have passed since the closure of this factory.
- Non-payment of salary for the month of May and insurance premiums for the workers of Tehran metro ticket sales department since the beginning of this year.
- Uncertainty of one hundred and eighty temporary workers of Jiroft municipal services
- Dawood Abdollahi, head of the Semsaras and Pawnbrokers Union: “Couples go to Semsaris to get the necessities of life and dowry”.
- A man who was separated from his wife killed his ex-wife’s father due to his inability to pay dowry.
- Suicide of a mother and daughter due to poverty in Kerman.
- Iran textile and clothing production and export union: The share of clothing in the portfolio of Iranian households has been halved.
- The Majlis Research Center has announced that the poverty line rate has increased from 19% to more than 30% in a decade, and a member of the Economic Commission of the Islamic Council of Iran also stated that the poverty line in Tehran is 30 million tomans.
- The amount of theft has quadrupled in the last 5 years.
- The poor became poorer. Examining the results of an international research on the impact of sanctions – the result of a study has shown that the sanctions imposed against Iran in 2012 mainly affected the young and illiterate population of rural areas. This research reports the decline in the lives of the people under the sanctions. On the one hand, the living conditions of the Iranian people are getting harder day by day, and on the other hand, some people are trying to positively evaluate the effects of the sanctions on the overall development of the country. / Ham Mihan print.
- Central Bank: The inflation rate of May this year was 55.7 percent.
- Fatemeh Rouhani, the former national taekwondo player of Iran and silver medalist of the 2014 Asian Games, has taken refuge in Germany.
- The Majlis Research Center called for a ban on advertisements about immigration from Iran and announced that from now on, influencers active in the field of tourism must obtain permission from the relevant organizations and people under the age of 18 should not be used in advertisements.
- Majlis Research Center: The price of each square meter of housing in Tehran has grown by more than 950% from 2017 to 2022.
- Road construction and asphalting on Takht Jamshid Geli Sistan (Khwaja Mountain).
- The Tehran Municipal Beautification Organization has handed over a part of the Ain al-Douleh mansion to an investor who is digging the ground and building metal structures to open a restaurant or coffee shop.
- The authorities of Abarkoh city in Yazd province, despite the notification of the cultural heritage organization, have started to build a street and draw a table in the middle of the historical monument “Ezat Abad Kush”. This hut is one of the buildings of the Qajar period and is registered in the list of national monuments.
The right to health and health:
- An informed source in the Ministry of Energy: The water distributed in Tehran was not safe to drink and people felt dizzy and nauseous after drinking it.
- President of Kermanshah University of Medical Sciences: “In May of this year, the lead walls of the radiotherapy machine of Imam Reza Hospital were stolen and radioactive materials leaked. People who have been exposed to radioactive materials may get sick in the future and people with cancer may also face death”.
- Representative of the people of Chabahar, Kanarak, Nikshahr, Qasrqand and Dashtiari in the Islamic Council: “Four cities in the south of the province do not have even one hospital bed”.
- The recommendation of the Ministry of Health to refrain from traditional slaughtering during Eid al-Adha, due to the fact that 10 cases of Crimean Congo fever (CCHF) have been seen since the beginning of the year. Four cases were in Yazd province, two cases in Khuzestan province, one case in Ardabil, one case in Fars, one case in Gilan and one case in Sistan and Baluchistan province.
- The cities of Jask and Beshagard are facing a shortage of specialist doctors. In the hospital of these two cities, there are only two staff in the fields of gynecology, pediatrics, internal medicine, anesthesia, and ophthalmology, and when one of them is absent, the other takes over the duties. Due to the lack of anesthesiologists in Beshagard, Sirik and Bomosi, the operating rooms of the hospitals in these cities are inactive.
- The water in the village of Zahirabad and Varamin (Tehran province) has been cut off for a month. The water supply in Behjatabad neighborhood of Tehran has been cut off for 3 days.
- 4-day water cut in many areas of Tehran (still continuing in some areas) and water supply to people with water tankers and long queues of people to get water, including in Haft Tir Square and Suhrvardi Street.
The right to education:
- Majlis Research Center: In the last three years, more than 29% of theses at the doctoral level and 46% at the master’s level were copies.
- More than 200 MPs in a statement referring to the issue of Hirmand’s claim announced that the conditions of the people of Sistan are so difficult that if water does not reach the Sistan region in three months, we should expect a human disaster.
- The cover of forests in the north of the country has been halved compared to the past, and if this trend continues, we will not have a forest in a few decades.
- The area of deserts in the country has reached more than 32 million hectares, and the level of third-grade pastures is increasing and has reached 55 million hectares. If this crisis is not controlled, the area of deserts in the country will increase, and due to the lack of financial resources, only one-eighth of the plans Watershed are implemented.
- The water level of Gatund Dam Lake in khuzestan, which had risen little by little since the beginning of 2023, has reached its highest level, and the villages of “Pabar Aftab”, “Tanghalil”, “Golanba”, “Chalnak”, “Chemlund” has submerged to “Talkhab Tajdin” and “Pranushte” on both sides of the dam lake. The residents of these villages say that the authorities did not warn them, and they were taken by surprise
- 7 people lost their lives and 59 people were injured due to the storm and flood. Four people died in Isfahan province, one person in East Azerbaijan, one person in Central province and one person in Zanjan. In Tehran province, 27 people were injured due to the storm. In Isfahan province, 15 people were injured due to the flood. Also, two people were injured in Ahar, five in Mazandaran and 10 in Alborz province. Two people were injured due to the rock fall in Kandavan axis of Mazandaran province. Due to the weather conditions in Tehran, many trees were broken in different areas and fell on cars, causing serious damage to around 500 cars in the city. And also, several billboards were overturned in the city.
- Eight dead injured or missing due to flood in Garmi city of Ardabil.
- According to the statistics of the Natural Resources Organization, in the last 10 years, more than 1,600 floods have occurred in the country, and each flood causes an average of 40 billion Tomans in economic damage. Based on this, over the past 10 years, 64 thousand billion tomans of flood damage to the country is estimated.
- Vice President of Natural Environment and Biodiversity of the General Department of Environmental Protection of Isfahan Province: “Gavkhoni Wetland has not received its title and based on satellite images, this wetland is 100% dry and maybe two or three percent of its northern part is slightly wet”.
- 100% of the area of Alborz, Yazd and Semnan provinces are facing drought, so that the “drought intensity” in 97% of the area of Semnan, 87.6% of the area of Alborz and 67.9% of the area of Yazd province is “severe” to “very severe”. In terms of the percentage of areas affected by drought, Tehran ranks second among the provinces affected by drought with 99.84% of the affected area. Currently, 86% of Tehran’s area is facing severe to very severe drought.
- Crisis Management Organization in Iran: “602 plains in Iran are subject to subsidence”.
- Effluent from the Mastamour nuclear power plant in Armenia flows into the Aras River. The pollution of underground water in the provinces bordering Aras, especially Ardabil, can be the reason for the high incidence of stomach and digestive cancer. From the point of view of National Geographic magazine, Mastamour, Armenia is the most dangerous power plant in the world.
- Society of Consulting Engineers of Iran issued a statement protesting the revitalization of Burj Bagh Gardens and wrote: “Today, with great regret, the Municipality and the Sixth Council of Tehran City have once again decided to approve a bill entitled “Revival of Burj Bagh Gardens” to issue construction permits in the city parks and gardens. That means to be allowed as all those thirteen years. The destructive thinking of Borj Bagh, which led to the destruction of Tehran’s gardens and, in other words, the few lungs of the city of Tehran, in the second council of the capital, today is determined to revive this pest and breathe new life into this sinister phenomenon with the aim of earning astronomical income.
Strikes and protest gatherings.
- Collective gathering and strike of Benagastar Karaneh company workers at their workplace who wanted to have their salaries raised and improve their job status.
- Several protesting businessmen and marketers in the city of Saqqez protesting the operation of the municipality in the “Aichi” cemetery to prevent people from visiting the graves of the dead.
- Several traders and marketers of Ardabil protesting heavy taxes.
- Hepco Arak workers protesting the notes of the 7th development plan in the premises of this company.
- The workers of Siman Drood company protested the lack of consideration of their demands.
- The workers of the technical building of Southeast Railway at their place of work protested the lack of handling of their demands.
- Malayer Iron Smelter workers were attacked by the regime’s agents in protest of not receiving 6 months of wages in front of the Malayer governor.
Protest gatherings of employees, farmers and retirees:
- A group of farmers in Chenaran city protested against the implementation of a definitive resolution of three days a week of electricity for agricultural wells.
- Gardeners of Delfard in Jiroft governorate protest the sealing of water wells.
- The employees of Yasouj municipality, in front of the governorate building of Kohgiluyeh and Boyer Ahmad, criticized the performance of the mayor and the city council of Yasouj, and demanded to receive their demands.
- Continuation of the protest march and gathering of retirees and social security pensioners of Kermanshah, Khuzestan, Susa in protest the inappropriate livelihood situation.
- Continuation of the gathering of telecommunication retirees of Lorestan, Markazi, Khuzestan, Kohkiloye and Boyer Ahmad, Zanjan, Ilam, Sistan and Baluchistan, Gilan, Khorasan Razavi, Fars, Chaharmahal and Bakhtiari, Kurdistan and Kermanshah provinces due to outstanding demands and protesting the privatization of the telecommunications company and their other demands.
- A gathering of art university students in Bagh Melli campus following the release of a text message by this university about forcing the wearing of veils in the university and threatening female students with suspension and disciplinary committee.
- Hunger strike of Nayeb Hajizadeh, a Kurdish political prisoner, in protest of his continued detention in the solitary cell of Urmia’s central prison and the creation of a new case by the prison authorities against him.
- Hunger strike of Nasser Rezaei, a Kurdish citizen from Abdanan, and Mohammad Daniyali, a member of the “Banar” climbing group in Abdanan, in protest of their continued arrest and torture by security interrogators in the detention center of the Ilam Intelligence Department.
- 360 contract and corporate workers of Tehran Electricity Distribution Company sent a protest letter to the Ministers of Energy, Cooperation, Labor and Social Welfare and the CEO of Tavanir Company, who described the conditions governing their employment status as “new slavery” and demanded the removal of contracting companies.
- A number of employees and unofficial workers of Tehran Electricity Distribution Company protested against the discrimination between the official and other unofficial forces of this company, by signing a campaign, demanding that their demands be addressed.
- Protest gathering of people with disabilities in protest against the five-year non-implementation of Article 27 in the cities of Tehran, Arak, Kerman, Kermanshah, Qom, Borujerd and Ardabil, in front of the General Welfare Department of these cities.
- A group of families of hemophilia patients in Tehran, in front of the Food and Drug Organization, in protest against the non-distribution of the new medicine for hemophilia patients called “Hamelbira” by the Food and Drug Organization.
- A group of “crypto land” exchange company losers protesting the lack of handling of their claims.
Resistance and struggle
- Aban Plaintiff Families Association, which consists of a group of families whose children were killed in the nationwide protests of November 2019th, says it is trying to “form a fair court.” The aim is to “remembrance of the November 2019, documenting and filing a case for the prosecution of that massacre”.
- Statement of student organizations and students of the Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Tehran in protest against the deprivation of the right to education of Mohammad Akhbi, a union student activist.
- A number of Baloch and Kurdish climbers in a joint climb to the peak of “Quli Zalbakha” (Bam of Kurdistan) dedicated this climb to one of their fellow climbers who was wounded in the leg during the Iranian revolution in Kurdistan.
- Hana Kamkar, the singer, invited Iranian musicians to join the protest campaign “I don’t give concerts and I don’t go to concerts” to remove the ban on women’s voices in the country.
- Ilam province: The burning of two Imamzadeh tombs in Dehlran and Abdanan cities.
- Tehran: Writing slogans of death to Khamenei. The slogan “woman, life, freedom” at the end of Alireza Ghorbani’s concert. Installation of banner writing for the birthday of Mojidreza Rahnavard. Chanting nightly slogans Bagheri region; Ekbatan; Negin West town; Jantabad.
- Kamiyaran: Renewal of the collective agreement of climbers with the commemoration and living ideals of Fawad Mohammadi, one of the victims of the recent protests in the heights of Chelchemeh.
- Karaj: Night chants.
- Shiraz: Night slogan writing
- Different cities: Women’s resistance against the mandatory hijab by appearing in the streets and centers with an optional cover.
Some slogans of the people
- Tehran: Death to the dictator; Death to Khamenei; Death to the execution republic; Happy birthday dear Kian; Death to Khamenei, the executioner’s death; Poverty, corruption, inflation; We are out till overthrow.
- Zahedan: My martyred brother, I will take revenge; Iranian unity; Revolution; freedom; I swear by the blood of comrades, we stand until the end; All these years crime, death to this province; The political prisoner should be released.
- Placards: For the freedom of the Democratic Alliance of all Nations in Iran; Although there are many dangers in seeking for freedom, but we prefer it to slavery; Lor, Turkman, Gilak, Talshi, Mazni from Balochistan, greetings and love to you all.
Support for people’s struggle
- International human rights award “Ludovic Terraro” was awarded to Amirsalar Davoudi, the imprisoned lawyer.
- The American Pen Association issued a statement condemning the arrest of Atena Farghdani, an Iranian cartoonist and painter, and demanded her immediate and unconditional release.
- Report: “Child abuse” in an orphanage in Tehran; “Burning with an iron due to nocturia”.
- Etemad newspaper, in a shocking report, revealed the “torture” of children in an orphanage, which is a care center for “children without a guardian or with bad guardians” in the east of Tehran. A seven-year-old child has been tortured in this center called Mehr Mandagh for “night urination”. One of the former trainers of this center said, “First, with the cooperation of the director and one of the trainers, this child’s hands and feet are burned with an iron, and then he is imprisoned in the bathroom of an old building that is full of cockroaches, and his food is limited to dry bread and water. This process continued for a week.”
- Etemad wrote that the authenticity of this report and “at least the burning of this child’s hands and feet” has been confirmed by several other sources and “pictures prove its authenticity”. In the report of Etemad newspaper entitled “Dagh Mandegar” (Forever burnt), which was published on Sunday, May 22nd, 2023, stated that this center is managed by “Mehr Mandegar” charity organization with trainers who were “all religious students”. Etemad newspaper says that after receiving reports about the severe abuse of children and after checking the “authenticity of the documents of these abuses”, they informed health department about this issue and now they have warned this institution after confirming the error. The director of the charity organization also confirmed that the instructors of this center are religious and said: “Until now, all of our instructors were religious students and we thought they were the best choice for education.”
Additional information in previous issues:
- In memory of Mahsa Amini (murdered on September 16th 2022), Mohsen Shekhari (Tehran), Majidreza Rahnavard (Mashhad), Mohammad Mahdi Karmi (Karaj), and Seyyed Mohammad Hosseini (Karaj) (executed in autumn 2022); Majid Kazemi Sheikh Shaibani; Saleh Mirhashmi Baltaghi; and Saeed Yaqoubi Kurd Sefeli (executed in Isfahan; May 2023).
Colbert News; He Negav; Baloch Activists Campaign; BBC; Iran Wire; tZamaneh; The call of Iranian women; Committee to follow up on the status of detainees; HalVash; HRINA; 1500 images; Ham Mihan; East; Other reports…
Translated by Ali darvazehghari (email@example.com). The translation is based on the report and intended to be the news.